The following tips will save you energy and help your budget as the weather cools down.
- Insulate or increase the amount of insulation in your attic, basement and outside walls. Also cover through-the-wall air conditioners to prevent cold air from leaking into your home.
- Reducing air leaks could cut 10 percent from an average household’s monthly energy bill. The most common places where air escapes homes are: floors, walls, ceilings, ducts, fireplaces, plumbing penetrations, doors, windows, fans, vents and electrical outlets.
- Keep shades and curtains open during the day on the south side of your home to allow solar heating. Close them at night to retain heat.
- Don’t block your radiators or heating vents with furniture or draperies. Keep your radiators, registers and baseboard heaters dirt and dust free. Close vents and doors in unused rooms.
- Have your heating system serviced once a year and regularly replace furnace filters. During the heating season, change or clean furnace filters once a month.
- Close the fireplace damper when not in use.
Save 10% on your service by scheduling online today.
The last two years have been polar opposite when it comes to cold weather. In the winter of 2010/11, we experienced more snow and school closings due to the weather than we can remember. The winter of 2011/12…what winter? Didn’t fall just turn into spring? It just goes to show how unpredictable the weather can be. The state of Georgia has some of the most unpredictable weather most of the time anyway, so I’m sure this is no surprise to you.
Preventative maintenance is important so you’re ready for those cooler/COLD days. Who wants to turn their furnace on during the first thirty degree night and find it not working? What a mess that would be. Cold, stressed, loss of sleep – all when it could have been prevented!
Our annual service agreement customers know the value of this service. They enjoy the following benefits:
- 15% off all repairs
- Priority service
- 2-4 maintenances per year at a reduced savings over a regular tuneup
- Peace of mind
- Potential problems spotted before trouble and major expenses occur
- Extended equipment life
- Lower utility bills
- 2 year price guarantee
- Emergency after hours service that will not be charged at overtime rates
After all that – who wouldn’t take advantage of this service?