In these trying times, is it getting harder to know who to trust? Not if you do your homework!
If you are struggling to find a reliable company – whether it’s for your HVAC needs, or something else – these tips really will pay off:
- Talk to people – family, friends, co-workers, business associates. They will tell you how it is.
- Should you trust big ads? The bigger the ad, the more money the company paid for it. This is generally not the way companies should earn your business. It should be given by trust.
- Surf the web – do they have an internet presence? In today’s time, this is a MUST. Check for them on Facebook, read comments people have made – do they seem to care about what sort of presence they have over the internet?
- Check out reviews – you don’t need to be a member of Angie’s List for this. Google has it’s own set of reviews, along with Kudzu, Judy’s Book, City Search, Yahoo! The list goes on and on. You want to make sure you get an overall grasp of those reviews. Is there a theme? Don’t let one bad review throw you off, but definitely keep it in mind if you choose to go with that company. This will help you be more observant.
- Are they legitimate? Do you know if the company should have a license, or specific certification? Do they go above and beyond for ‘extras’? For example, a NATE certification in the HVAC industry is above and beyond the contractors license that is required.
If you have any other suggestions or feedback, we would love to hear from you!
Dusty just did an estimate and he was fantastic. I wanted to let you know that he was a great help, did not try to pressure me, and asked me what I needed and answered all of my questions. I have had previous estimates, and Dusty was by far the best I’ve had. I just wanted to let someone know.
– Rick L.
Thank you Rick! We appreciate your positive feedback!
It is so nice to have positive feedback.
Remember: if the company you hire exceeds your expectations, let them know! It really goes a long way to enforce this positive behavior.
Thank you Nin – we appreciate you!