The following tips will save you energy and help your budget as the weather cools down.
- Insulate or increase the amount of insulation in your attic, basement and outside walls. Also cover through-the-wall air conditioners to prevent cold air from leaking into your home.
- Reducing air leaks could cut 10 percent from an average household’s monthly energy bill. The most common places where air escapes homes are: floors, walls, ceilings, ducts, fireplaces, plumbing penetrations, doors, windows, fans, vents and electrical outlets.
- Keep shades and curtains open during the day on the south side of your home to allow solar heating. Close them at night to retain heat.
- Don’t block your radiators or heating vents with furniture or draperies. Keep your radiators, registers and baseboard heaters dirt and dust free. Close vents and doors in unused rooms.
- Have your heating system serviced once a year and regularly replace furnace filters. During the heating season, change or clean furnace filters once a month.
- Close the fireplace damper when not in use.
Save 10% on your service by scheduling online today.
Zoning is a great option to be able to control the cooling and heating in your home without spending a fortune.
- Comfort is achieved by prioritizing which areas of your home will receive conditioned air, while zoning helps maximize comfort.
- Energy savings is reached by the zoning system allowing you to set temperatures in each zone according to its heating and cooling needs or just to your comfort levels – you can save energy by closing off unused zones. That allows you not to pay to heat/cool rooms that you don’t use very often.
- Lots of things can impact airflow significantly, like large windows and high ceilings…to name a couple. Zoning allows you to program the zone with high ceilings so you can keep that specific area at a comfortable level.
- Like a lot of families, some people prefer rooms cooler than others. Zoning allows you to do that.
- When you can maximize the efficiency of your existing HVAC and ductwork systems with zoning equipment, you use less energy. This also helps to decrease the contribution of your home’s energy consumption and reduce your carbon footprint.
Questions?? Email us [email@example.com], or call us at 770-253-2665.