Are You Doing Your Homework?Posted: June 19, 2012
In these trying times, is it getting harder to know who to trust? Not if you do your homework!
If you are struggling to find a reliable company – whether it’s for your HVAC needs, or something else – these tips really will pay off:
- Talk to people – family, friends, co-workers, business associates. They will tell you how it is.
- Should you trust big ads? The bigger the ad, the more money the company paid for it. This is generally not the way companies should earn your business. It should be given by trust.
- Surf the web – do they have an internet presence? In today’s time, this is a MUST. Check for them on Facebook, read comments people have made – do they seem to care about what sort of presence they have over the internet?
- Check out reviews – you don’t need to be a member of Angie’s List for this. Google has it’s own set of reviews, along with Kudzu, Judy’s Book, City Search, Yahoo! The list goes on and on. You want to make sure you get an overall grasp of those reviews. Is there a theme? Don’t let one bad review throw you off, but definitely keep it in mind if you choose to go with that company. This will help you be more observant.
- Are they legitimate? Do you know if the company should have a license, or specific certification? Do they go above and beyond for ‘extras’? For example, a NATE certification in the HVAC industry is above and beyond the contractors license that is required.
If you have any other suggestions or feedback, we would love to hear from you!