Beat the Heat!Posted: August 23, 2011
We’re ALMOST there – summer is sooo close to being over. In these last couple of weeks, here are some pointers to remember:
- Block the sun – make sure you have curtains drawn during the heat of the day, blinds closed when possible.
- Clean your replace your filters! You’ll definitely notice a difference in the temp of the AC
- Make sure all of your windows and doors are shut tight – including your fireplace damper! We don’t want that AC escaping.
- Drink water! Always keep water within reach to stay hydrated.
- Run ceiling fans – these help distribute the air more evenly in the rooms of your home.
- Turn things off that cause heat – use stove and dryer dishwasher at night or not at all – make sure your computer sleeps within 15 minutes of not using it, etc. Why not just grill out? Your energy bill will love you for it.
- Dress for the weather!
- Wear sandals – a little known face, as you sweat and it evaporates, it cools your body.
- Turn off the lights! Watts = heat
- Just chill – let your mind wander – and chillax…as my daughter would say 😉